This list will be updated as we receive emails from folks asking about specific vehicles.

VehicleTrack WidthComments
Chev, 1962-67 Nova56"
Chev, Car, 1935-195456"
Chev, Pickup, 1937-1955 (early series)56"
Chev, Pickup, 1955 (second series)- 1959 60"
Ford, Car, 1933-194856"
Ford, Falcon, 1964-556"
Ford, Car, 1954-5958"http://104.154.121.234/2009/11/12/57-ford-mustang-ii-install/
Ford, Mustang, 1965-656"
Ford, Mustang, 1967-7058"
Ford, Mustang, 1971-7360"
Ford, Pickup, 1935-194156"
Ford, Pickup, 1942-195258"
Ford, Ranger, 1983-8856"
Ford, Pickup, 1953-1979 F10060"
Mercury, Comet, 1960-6356"
Plymouth, 194956"
Studebaker, 193456"
Studebaker, Pickup, 194958"
Willys Jeepster, 194956"
Willys Pickup & Panel (with top hat frame), 1946-5456"
These are the correct track width kits for the corresponding vehicles.

30 comments

• paul says:

John, I suggest getting the 56-1/2″ kit and some narrow control arms. Mock up everything using a bar to hold the lower arm level, including the wheels and tires that you will use. This will require tacking some fill pieces to hold the upper mounts in place. Then roll the assembly under your Datsun and establish how much has to be cut from the middle of the crossmember to put the tires where you want them. A narrowed rack will be required. A source is MAVAL Mfg. http://www.mavalgear.com/the-world-of-unisteer.html .

1. Harold Hawley says:

Hey Paul, I have a 1980 Chevy Luv Truck that I want to put a Mustang II front suspension into. I ended up with some Mustang II parts, that I would like to install in the truck. The truck has a 102.5 Wheelbase, 51.5 rear track width, and 51.75 front track width. I don’t know the distance across the frame rails yet, but I know you are going to need them. I have a few scattered Mustang II parts, originally for a 1950 Chevy. A Mustang II cross member, which is going to be way too wide, A arms, that are probably going to be too long, with spindles with rotors for disc brakes with Chevrolet bolt pattern, generic shocks and springs, and some QA-1 coil overs that I will have to find out what they will fit. I wanted to ask you if any of this will work, and purchase from you what I don’t have, to make something that will work.
    Thanks,
    Hal

2. Wade says:

Hi DW, this may have been covered already, but here goes. I have a ’61 Falcon. Would your MII kit for the ’63-’65 fit?
    Thanks

3. scott stewart says:

I am intrested in weather there are any problems putting the welder series coil over mustang setup under my full fended 34 fordoor
    any interference with fenders
    thanks Scott

• DW says:

Scott, the fender braces bolt to the frame where the upper towers for the control arms attaches. Usually, builders cut the fender braces and make brackets to bolt or weld them to the upper towers.

There isn’t any interference between the Mustang II parts and the actual fenders.

Thanks for looking at Welder Series parts for your project.

4. Ken says:

Hello. I am building a custom frame with an OD of 30 inches. Do you make a mustang 2 front suspension with a 52 inch track that will fit it?

Thanks Ken A

• Ken says:

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t started to assemble the frame just yet. And 26″ wide frame is no problem to build instead of 30″ wide. Could you list the all the parts I would need get the front suspension on wheels. It’s a small VW truck build going for a Rat rod look. So looking to build it on a buget. Thanks

5. stan says:

I’m looking to replace the original ford mustang 2 cross member that is currently in my Cobra Kit car with one of your coil over cross members. I will be upgrading the a-arms to original length tubular strut-less and installing coil over shocks.

What coil over cross member would retain the original mustang 2 width/geometry.

• DW says:

Hi, Nathan. I like International trucks but don’t know the track width or frame specs for the different models. We make kits for track widths of 56-1/2”, 58-1/2”, 60-1/2”, and 62-1/2”. We define track width as the dimension from wheel mounting surface to surface on the rotors. For a 56-1/2” track width, the easiest frame widths to work with are between 26 – 30” outside. As the track width increases by each 2” increment, the “easy” frame widths also increase by 2”. For frame widths larger or smaller than the “easy” widths, the frame can be stepped in or out to accommodate the crossmember and towers. There is some info about this at https://www.welderseries.com/-p51209443.

Thanks for considering Welder Series parts for this project.
      Paul Horton

6. Mark says:

Trying to find a set up for my 1956 international s100 frame. But not sure what kit I would need would also like to run Chevy wheels and brakes if that matters

• Mark says:

Edit. I just seen the comment before mine. If i were to measure distance of outer portions of the rail would that help to pin point which kit would work?

• DW says:

The kit you choose will be less a function of the width of the frame rails, than the desired track width. It’s easy to think of it like this: walking up to a car at a cruise night, it’s obvious if the tires are sticking out of the fenders 2″ each side, but nobody knows if the frame rails are the “correct” distance apart. We suggest mocking up the wheels and tires you’ll be using in the fenders, with the truck sitting at ride height. Measure the wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface, and that’s what we refer to as your track width.